The Zero Carbon Yorkshire Buildings working group is made up of a wide range of building professionals, businesses, activists and academics from across the Yorkshire region. The group meets bi-monthly in Leeds and has identified the following areas to work on initially:
- – Promotion of Passivhaus low energy building standard (for newbuilds) to local authorities and housing associations within Yorkshire.
- – Exploring solutions to the financial, political and technical challenges posed by the need to undertake radical retrofits of existing buildings within Yorkshire.
- – Promote low carbon building and showcase local exemplar projects within Yorkshire through conferences and websites.
- – Exploring appropriate low carbon energy sources for ultra low energy buildings
Ideas and suggestions for the group are very welcome. Contact the administrator of the group: email@example.com
ZCY Buildings Meeting, Monday 15 January 2018 6-8pm
Join the networking and information sharing quarterly meeting of the Zero Carbon Yorkshire BUILDINGS working group in central Leeds. As well as discussing forthcoming activities and actions for the group, we will be joined by the following speakers, who will be giving a 10 minute overview of a range of topics:
- – Martyn Broadest, Director of Home, Connect Housing: Connect Housing & Passivhaus
- – Nicholas Heath, Associate Director, Sustainable Traditional Buildings Alliance (STBA): The work of the STBA
- – Nicola O’Connor, Mandarin Research: Overview of Frontier Economics ‘Affordable Warmth, Clean Growth’ report for EEIG
- – Richard Spencer, Passivhaus Consultant & Selfbuilder: Report back on Zero Carbon Yorkshire Make it Happen weekend.
- – Andy Walker, SURE Insulation, Super-insulation Designer and Author : Inspiring Communities to Insulate Homes
Thanks once again to Leeds Sustainability Institute and Leeds Beckett School of Built Environment & Engineering for hosting the ZCY BUILDINGS meetings.