It is now also affiliated to the AECB as the AECB Yorkshire group. The group meets three times a year in Leeds and has identified the following areas to work on initially:
- – Promotion of Passivhaus low energy building standard (for newbuilds) to local authorities and housing associations within Yorkshire.
- – Exploring solutions to the financial, political and technical challenges posed by the need to undertake radical retrofits of existing buildings within Yorkshire.
- – Promote low carbon building and showcase local exemplar projects within Yorkshire through conferences and websites.
- – Exploring appropriate low carbon energy sources for ultra low energy buildings
Ideas and suggestions for the group are very welcome. Contact the administrator of the group: firstname.lastname@example.org
October 2018 Meet-up Presentations & Links
- – Matthew Hill (email@example.com), Consulting Engineer and Company Director, Leeds Environmental Design Associates (LEDA) “Should we stop installing gas boilers ?” With the 2030 target for a 60% reduction in CO2 emissions creeping up on us, we have to decide when to stop using fossil fuels. Read more on this: https://www.cibsejournal.com/opinion/should-we-stop-specifying-gas-boilers/
- – Dr Claude Saint-Arroman (firstname.lastname@example.org), Architecture Lecturer,on the findings of her PHD, “Architectural boundary designs: a Journey towards Resilience” Powerpoint
- – Phil Bixby (email@example.com), Architect, Constructive Individuals ‘Overview of 3 Passivhaus newbuild projects in York’ Powerpoint
- – Richard Spencer (firstname.lastname@example.org), LEDA ‘Building Physics & construction at the Roundhay Passivhaus’ Powerpoint
- – Eric Parks (email@example.com), Buckrose Ecological Architects ‘Trans-Pennine Passivhaus Design: Experience and Lessons Learned?’ Powerpoint
June 2018 Meet-up Presentations & Links
- – Martin Rinvolucri (firstname.lastname@example.org) Beattie Passive on ‘Passivhaus Manufacturing Hubs: for Housing Associations & Local Authorities’. Powerpoint
- 7-mins video of the Beattie Passive build process: https://youtu.be/0Ro9aSjVedE
- – Jonathan Wilson, CITU (email@example.com) on ‘Citu Works Manufacturing facility in Leeds Climate Innovation District’
- – Dr Alice Owen & Dr Kate Simpson, Sustainability Research Institute, Leeds University (firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com) ‘Skills and Knowledge for Sustainable Construction in ʟeeds’ – Powerpoint
- Briefing: Equipping construction workers with sustainable building skills: A focus on Leeds
January 2018 Meet-up Presentations & Links
- – Martyn Broadest (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Home, Connect Housing: Connect Housing & Passivhaus Powerpoint
- – Nicholas Heath (email@example.com), Associate Director, Sustainable Traditional Buildings Alliance (STBA): The work of the STBA Powerpoint
- – Nicola O’Connor (firstname.lastname@example.org), Mandarin Research: Overview of Frontier Economics ‘Affordable Warmth, Clean Growth’ report for EEIG Powerpoint
- – Richard Spencer (email@example.com), Passivhaus Consultant & Selfbuilder: Report back on Zero Carbon Yorkshire Make it Happen weekend. Powerpoint
- – Andy Walker (Andy.Walker@SUREinsulation.co.uk), SURE Insulation, Super-insulation Designer and Author : Inspiring Communities to Insulate Homes: View film